Monday, July 30, 2012

Oregon Educational Standards #1

Creativity and Innovation- Students demonstrate creative thinking and problem solving skills to develop innovative products and processes using technology. After taking this class, I feel more confident in using some new tools in technology that will help my students meet this standard. I like the idea of using the wiki for collaborative writing. Having the students work in groups or work with a buddy class will help with creativity in writing projects. I think kids will really enjoy the editing process when using this new tool. We now have Ipods for class use and pairing students to explore the games and activities together will definitely lead to new learning through problem solving. I downloaded a tool called kidspiration. It teaches students how to organize their thoughts using graphic organizers. I think this would be fun to use at the beginning of the year when we do an "All About Me" brainstorming activity.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I'll look forward to continuing to hear about the new tools people are finding and how well they work!

    ReplyDelete